Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Yellow and Gold Manicure

Orly Hook Up and Orly Luxe
I have bought quite a few new nail polishes recently and I wanted to try some out so now there are two manicure posts this week.

Today I am wearing Orly Hook Up the yellow colour and Orly Luxe the gold.

Hook Up is quite a sheer yellow. In the photo I am wearing three coats and you can still see the whites of my nails through it. It also has a sheen to it.

Luxe is a beautiful gold colour. It is pretty much opaque with one coat but I always do to coats for good measure. It is everything I have ever wanted in a gold polish and I have wanted one for a while. I always bought a silver (shine) and rose gold (rage) version at the same time. Its great to do an accent nail in the colour of your jewellery fr a subtle matching manicure.

I have to say I was a little disappointed with Hook Up's opacity but I could always put a base of white underneath. But the disappointment is over ridden by the awesomeness of the Luxe polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment