Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Everyday Make Up Look - Mini Reviews

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Ivory - Before and After
I filmed a little GRWM video on this make up look and I though for my blog I would do some mini reviews of the products I used.

Starting with the foundation I used Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation in Ivory. This foundation has more of a dewy finish than the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation. It also has less coverage and this colour is quite yellow, but because it isn't full coverage it doesn't end up looking too yellow on my skin. I like the finish that this gives to my skin but it doesn't last very well with my oily skin. It is definitely a foundation that needs powder.

Under my eyes I used the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in fair. This concealer is ok. The colour isn't perfect for me, it is quite pink toned and light so if I use too much I look a little crazy. I also find it settles into the creases under my eyes.

I used Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 1C light to conceal my many blemishes. I really like this concealer, it covers well, lasts really long on my skin. If I'm being lazy and don't want to wear foundation I will use this alone. The colour matches my skin really well.

For powder I used the Rimmel Clear Complexion Powder in Translucent. I picked this powder up while I was in the UK. I haven't really used it long enough to have a clear opinion on it but it does the job. I can't say it has wowed me but it also hasn't disappointed.

I used the Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze to bronze up my skin. This is really great pale girl bronzer, its not too pigmented so you can build up the colour instead of going in too strong. Its also a great colour, not too orange and according to the packaging it is waterproof. It also has quite a perfumed smell which I can't say I'm too fond of and I was a little worried the fragrance might break me out, so far it has not. I also used this as eyeshadow in my crease.

On my cheeks I used the Top Shop Cheek and Eye Duo in Bitten Cherry. This is very pigmented and dark. After watching back the video and looking at the pictures I think this is too dark for my pale skin on an everyday look. It would be great for a dark vampy look. I also think I applied it too low down on my cheeks, so that doesn't help. It is a really great colour and I can see it being a lovely eyeshadow.

I used Nars Albatross for my highlight and also as an eyeshadow. I love this product, it is so beautiful. I do think it is possibly a little too much for everyday on my fair skin because it has a very gold reflect and I think something more champagne or peach looks more natural on my skin for everyday. I absolutely love this as an eyeshadow as well.

On my brows I used the Jordana Eyeliner in Taupe. I have used this a long time, it gives a great natural looking brow that is not too warm toned. Also can't go wrong with the price.

For eyeliner I used the Nutrimetics Defining Waterproof Eyeliner in Mahogany. I don't love this product but its not bad. I like that is retractable so I don't have to worry about sharpening, it doesn't smudge or transfer throughout the day. Its not a bad eyeliner but I just don't love it for some reason.

I used a sample of the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black. This is an ok mascara. Defiinitely looks better when I curl my lashes, but most mascaras do. It added length and thickness and doesn't smudge through out the day. Overall a good mascara but I don't think its really any better tan a lot of cheaper mascaras I have used.

Finally on my lips I used the Rimmel Provocalips in I'll Call You. The colour is a great muted hot pink, very wearable everyday. The product is good too. Easy to apply, lasts well. It does end up peeling off at the end of the day and does wear off a little in the inner rim from eating. I like to carry a tinted lip balm product with me so if it starts to wear off in the inner rim or is getting a bit dry, I can apply the balm. The tinted colour of a balm helps to blend the apocalips colour with your nude lip colour so it isn't such a stark difference.

Overall most of these products I would recommend. I can't really bash any of the products I used in this GRWM. My favourite product would probably be the Nar Albatross, because it is so pretty and shimmery I could stare at it all day. My least favourite product is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer just because I think the colour I have is a little off on me and it does crease a little.

Here is the video if you would like to watch.






No comments:

Post a Comment