Thursday, October 25, 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector All in One B.B. Cream Review

All opinions are my own and what works or doesn't work for me, may still work for you. If you don't want to read my full review, please skim down to the overview.

Product
50 ml of product
Lasts 12 months once open
Price - On sale now for $14.86 from The Warehouse

Claims
"Garnier BB cream for immediately perfected skin with even tone and boosted glow. Blurs imperfections and smoothes fine lines. SPF15 protection and 24hr hydration."

First Impression
This product has a very strong smell, it is quite a nice smell but overpowering.
The packaging is simple and easy to use, the product is thick so doesn't run out of the tube but comes out smoothly when squeezed.
The colour looks quite dark on my hand but blends away quite sheer. On my hand it gives a light coverage with a definite orange look. It appears glowy but not greasy.

Thoughts
I first applied this to my face with my fingers, it gave little to no coverage. I let the product settle and then applied another layer in an attempt to build up coverage, it did not work. I have also tried applying the B.B. Cream with a brush which did give slightly more coverage but still a light coverage.
The colour is far too dark for my skin and there is no lighter option. I set the B.B. Cream with a lighter powder to counteract the orange.
I do not feel that it immediately perfects skin at all, the redness in my cheeks looked the same as before. It did nothing to "blur" my blemishes. Unless you have excellent skin you would need to use a concealer with this product.
As for the claim of 24 hour moisture, it is very moisturising, I don't know if it gives 24 hours of moisture because I moisturise morning and night.
This product did give my skin a glow but not in a good way. My face was left glowing with an oily shine. Even after applying a a powder, my skin still looked oily.
I wore this B.B. Cream for a few days then it started to break me out, I stopped using it and let my skin recover. I then tried it again to make sure it was this product that broke me out and again after using the B.B. Cream for a few days I broke out.

Overview
I have combination/oily skin with an oily skin and I generally only get breakouts on my chin. This product gave very little coverage, which can be forgiven because it is not claiming to be a foundation. Its strong smell can also be forgiven as it is not unpleasant to me. But because it leaves me looking shiny, orange and feeling greasy as well as breaking me out all over my face, I will definitely not be repurchasing this product let alone finishing the tube.
This product may work on other skin types, especially those with dry skin and people who are not prone to breakouts. I did like the way it worked on my hands which have normal skin. I feel this B.B. Cream is not suited for people with my oily/combination skin type.

Garnier does now have a B.B. Cream specifically made for oily/combination skin that is said to be non comedogenic but sadly this is not available in New Zealand. Hopefully it will be released here soon.

Sorry for the negative review but this is just my opinion of the product with my skin, it may work wonders for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment