Friday, April 12, 2013

Inexpensive, Easy, Silver Eye

I wanted to have a play with makeup today but I already had my basic day makeup on. Just face makeup, mascara and eyebrows. So I thought I thought I would have a play with eyes.

I wanted to give silver makeup a go because I have never really worn a silver eye before. Looking through my collection I noticed my only silver makeup was from quite inexpensive brands, so I decided I would try to make an inexpensive eye look.

What I did
I started with my Jordana Quickliner in 05 Silver Lining and put this all over my lid and under eye blending out the edges with a cotton bud.
I then applied LA Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow in SE11 Snow White everywhere I had applied the silver liner and blending the remaining product on my brush up to my eyebrow as a highlight. This worked well because it is a sheer white shimmery shadow that looks silver over the liner and just acts as a highlight over bare skin.
Next I lined my tightline and waterline with LA Colors Eyeliner Pencil in P602 Brown-Black, then also lined my upper and lower lash line before smudging the liner into a winged shape with a cotton bud.
I then applied more of the Snow White shadow over the liner to blend it all together.
I then reapplied my current mascara, Revlon Growluscious.

The Cost
Jordana Quickliner in 05 Silver Lining - around $2. I bought mine from a $2 shop but you could replace this with any silver liner.
LA Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow in SE11 Snow White - $5 from The Warehouse
LA Colors Eyeliner Pencil in P602 Brown-Black - $5 from The Warehouse
Total Cost Only $12!!!

Silver Eyes
I thought this eye look would be good to keep in mind for times when you are caught with out your full makeup collection. Perhaps you are staying with someone and have only brought face makeup and mascara. This is really quick and easy and looks great with just lip gloss or a glossy lip balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment