Monday, April 15, 2013

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mono Eyeshadow in Dusk Review


Today I am reviewing the Rimmel London Glam'eyes Mono Eyeshadow in the colour 033 Dusk. I use this mainly as a brow powder.
You get 2.4 grams of product in this eyeshadow and it also comes with a sponge applicator which is actually not that bad. It has a thin end and a fat end, if I am in a rush I occasionally use the thin end to fill in my brows.

Before and After Natural Brow




In the top photo, the left brow has been filled in and the right has not. I think it gives quite a natural not over drawn look. Most of the time I set my brows with the LA Colors Clear Mascara and my eyebrows last all day. Even when I use the eyeshadow alone I have no issues with my brows disappearing through out the day.

In the second photo is my Rimmel Eyeshadow in Dusk and the angled brush I use to fill in my brows. I have been using this powder almost every day for at least a year, if not longer, and as you can see, I have barely made a dent in it.










033 Dusk Swatch




On the right is a swatch of the eyeshadow on my hand.
It is quite pigmented.


Dusk on the lids






On the left is the eyeshadow on my eyes. I have applied the  shadow on my lid then blended it into the crease in a winged shape. I have also applied a little under the eye, then liner, mascara and inner corner highlight.
This is an easy way to do a daytime smokey eye. It adds definition to your eyes without making it look like you tried too hard.




This is a great versatile eyeshadow. It can be used all over the lid, just around the lash line or in the crease and best of all because it is matte it can be used as a brow powder. I find it good as a brow powder because I can build up the colour, keeping them more natural for the day time or darkening my brows for a more dramatic eye look.

No comments:

Post a Comment