Monday, April 29, 2013

Manicure Monday: Colourful Gradient Nails

Colourful Gradient
I haven't had much time to play around with my own nails recently,so for today's post here are the nails I did on my friend.

The photo doesn't really show the manicure off, it looks much nicer in person.

As always I started off with a base coat on all nails.

On the pointer and pinky fingers I painted the whole nail with a pale blue then sponged a layer of purple over two thirds of the nail concentrating the colour intensity at the free edge of the nail. Once this was dry I sponged a purply pink colour onto the tip of the nail.

On the middle finger I painted the entire nail a bright pink colour then sponged an orange onto two thirds of the nail, again focusing the intensity of colour on the free edge of the nail. I then sponged a yellow polish onto the tip. This gradient was the least obvious and great for a more subtle look.

On the ring finger I painted the entire nail yellow then sponged a fluorescent green nail polish over two thirds of the nail focusing the intensity of colour on the free edge of the nail. I then sponged the same blue I had used for the base colour of the pointer and pinky fingers on the very tip of the ring finger nail, because of the green underneath it gives it a minty green look.

I then painted all the nails with a clear glittery polish and a top coat to seal it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment