Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder Review

Cost
$13 from Farmers. Marked down because of a crack in the lid.

Product
14 g of product.
I have the colour 001 Transparent

Claims
Up to five hours natural shine control with natural minerals.
Helps minimise the appearance of pores.

First Impressions
First time I applied this the powder it caught on all my peachy face hair and dry skin, I was not impressed. It did keep my shine at bay. I am someone that will get an oily glow an hour or so after applying make-up and the Rimmel powder kept me shine free for most of the day.
The packaging is a bit flimsy and the lid never really locks in place but in saying that when I dropped this product and it smashed, the lid stayed on and I was able to re press the powder.

Thoughts
Because the powder kept my face shine free all day, I decided to give it another go. I made sure to exfoliate my face well before applying the powder with a powder puff and dusting off the excess with a brush. It definitely applied better this way and reduced the look of my pores.
I have tried this product in conjunction with other products to see how it works best. I applied it over my Revlon Colorstay foundation as a setting powder. It kept my face shine free all day. I also applied this on top my Rimmel fix and perfect primer and my stay matte concealer. This gave a natural look with no shine all day.

Overview
My first attempt at using this product was not impressive, I'm not sure if maybe there was a film on top of the product that made it act the way it did or perhaps my skin wasn't in the best condition. I tried again with the powder because I had heard many good reviews of the product. I am now in love with the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. It keeps my face shine free and my skin feels silky with it on. I apply it with a large fluffy blush on an everyday basis and with a powder puff if I'm going out and really want to minimise my pores. I feel it lives up to its claim of 5 hours shine control and can exceed 5 hours depending on the weather. I wore this powder over sunscreen when I went for a run and I was still not shiny. When used with the Rimmel fix and perfect primer I think it does minimise my pores and is overall a great product. I think I would repurchase this product and I recommend this to anyone that has issues with shiny, oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment