Friday, May 10, 2013

F.O.T.D. Friday: 3 and a half minute make up

This post is a little different than my usual make up looks, I haven't been wearing a lot of make up lately so I thought I would show you what I do when I'm  rushing to get ready and want to look a little bit more put together.

Before and After

I timed myself when I was doing this and it only took me three and a half minutes. I started by buffing in some Maybelline Dream Matte powder to blur my blemishes, reduce my redness and make sure I'm not looking shiny.
I added a little blush to my cheeks, you could skip this step if you want to or swap it out for bronzer if you prefer.
Next I ran LA Colors clear mascara through my eyebrows to set them in place, sometimes I fill them in but if I'm in a rush I skip it.
I am wearing Maybelline Great Lash Mascara on my lashes which is a great mascara for everyday because it doesn't add too much volume.
I finished with a little gloss on my lips.

This is just my base look. You can add to it if you have extra time. Sometimes I will start with a BB Cream instead of moisturiser, or add some concealer before the powder.

The best way to do a quick make up look is to decide what is most important to you. If you love flawless skin, start by perfecting your skin with concealer and powder then just add mascara, but if you want your eyes to pop, start with your eyes then finish with a dusting of powder and run out the door.

A great way to make your make up look like you put in some effort is to wear a bright or dark lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment