Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 19 - Nutrimetics Lip Apeel Review

 Today I am doing a review of the Nutrimetic Lip Apeel. It usually costs $32 but is on sale at the moment for $24.90. I recieved this free for selling/buying a certain amount of products.

Here is what Nutrimetics says about the product; "Two-step treatment instantly smooths and plumps the appearance of thin, dry lips. Step one of this innovative treatment gently polishes away dry, rough skin and removes lipstick build-up, while step two plumps fine lines, leaving lips softer, smoother and looking younger."

I have taken before, during and after photos so you can see the results for yourself. Click on the picture to enlarge.

Before I started I thought my lips weren't really that bad, on my naked lips I didn't see a lot of dry skin. I decided to apply a lipstick that accentuates any dry skin, so that it would show up better in a photo. In case you are wondering the lipstick is Australis Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in Honky Tonk.

As said in the quote above, the Nutrimetics Lip Apeel is a two step product. You start with the bottom segment of the jar, which is the white paste. Before I put this on my lips I gently removed excess lipstick with a tissue, I didn't scrub my lips with the tissue because I didn't want it to do the job of the Lip Apeel. I applied a layer of the line peel to my lips then let it dry. Once it was dry I rubbed the majority of the product off my lips with my finger and then removed the rest with a moist cotton pad.

I did feel a slight tingle when using step one.

Step two is called the lip nourisher, it supposed to be a plumping lip balm. It smells like oranges. I applied this to my lips quite generously. This step was a lot more tingly than step one but nothing too bad.

I didn't notice that my lips looked any different after completing the two step process but my lips did feel smoother when I rubbed them together.

Before taking the after photo I dabbed off excess lip nourisher with a tissue then applied the same lipstick that I used in the before photo. I noticed that the lipstick did glide on a lot smoother. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo but the lipstick still settle a little bit in the lines of my lips but they are a lot smoother than in the before photo.

I didn't notice much plumping, but if you look at the photos it looks to me as though the lines in my lips are deeper in the before photo.

After seeing the photos, this product definitely works. I am not sure whether it is worth its $32 price tag just because I feel as though the same out come could be achieved with a homemade sugar scrub or toothbrush, although I haven't tested this out.

The lip nourisher (step two) itself is a nice balm. They recommend using the balm when needed and the line peel (step one) once a week or so. I feel like this product would last quite a while if you were using it once a week, but if you were using the nourisher more regularly you may run out of it before using up the line peel.

If you can pick this up on sale or you have a problem with chapped lips, or your lipstick not going on smoothly I recommend giving this a try. I haven't seen any similar products before, if you have let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment