Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 26 - Eyebrow Tinting

It has been quite awhile since I last tinted my eyebrows and I have been spending quite a lot of day make up free recently, so I thought I would tint my brows and show you some photos.

I am aware that that the before photo is blurry but I didn't notice until now and obviously I can't retake it now.

In the first photo is my naked face and natural brows, in the second I have the tint mixture on my brows, in the third photo I have just removed the tint and in the fourth photo I waxed my brows and I applied mascara to show how it looks.

I know my brows my look a little dark but the colour fades in the first couple of days because at first the skin under the hair is also tinted but as you wash your face, the tint comes off your skin and the brows look less dramatic. For this reason I always go a little darker than I think I should but you can experiment and see what works best for you.

If you would like to read how to tint your brows read on.

You want to start by cleansing your brows to remove any oil that will prevent the tint from sticking. I just wipe them with toner.

Next, using a cotton bud and some vaseline, mark off the areas you don't want tinted. Basically outline your brows with vaseline.

You now want to mix up your tinting solution following the directions that come with your product.

Now apply the tint to your brows making sure to rub in both directions so that you get down to the root of the hair.

Next clean up your lines using a cotton bud to wipe off any tinting mixture that is not where you want it.

Now let it develop on your brows for 2 - 3 minutes, then remove with a damp cotton pad. If your brows are not dark enough reapply for another 2 minutes or until desired colour is achieved. I left mine on for about 6-7 minutes. If it is your first time it is better to have to apply a few times than leave it on too long and your brows go too dark. Remember you can always darken but you can not lighten.

Make sure all tint is removed and you are done. You can now go on and shape your brows how you would like.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, your blog are awesome about tinting,eyebrow threading, fashion. On the off chance that anyone need to enhance magnificence then you can visit us once Eyebrow Tinting near me HighStreet Kensington London.

    ReplyDelete